Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Matthew under the arm 7

Matthew 3:13-17
‘This is My Son...’ These are words spoken now in this moment. I am asked to be there with John the Baptist and to experience that which he experienced. It was a given experience with which John the Baptist could do nothing. Acceptance in surprise, apprehension and delight... and it happened right in the middle of the experience of repentance. Jesus enters right into the heart of human lostness and the consequent alienation from God and brings the forgiveness of God. The Spirit is the vital active means of this experience that continues right through to our praying. @This in My Son is breathed with the breath in this praying.

Holy Spirit, open my heart that I may know Thy Son in the work of forgiveness


Notice the work of the Spirit in this passage. Be there with Christ as the Spirit descends on Him. Hear the words ‘This is My Son’ spoken to you. What do you see? What do you feel? In your meditation, respond from your gut. What do you naturally do when you have been given an experience that is for you? The words ‘...with whom I am well pleased’ are about sheer delight. The union that comes from the intimacy of Love that is self-abandoned. You too are precious. Like Christ you are made in God’s image. Enjoy this prayer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

I praise God for all my sins forgiven through the Lord Jesus Christ. In eternity,past present and future sins all forgiven through the work of the Lord Jesus.

7:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home