Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Matthew under the arm 49

Today it poured! So we sat under a blanket on a bench beside the path. The bench was made of old planks and logs. As I sat, a splinter (The Scots call it - a 'scelf') lodged itself in an unmentionable place! All Columba could do was to joke. 'Ah! Now we are getting down to the bottom of things!' Grrr! Two young people came to sit beside us. They were beaming and full of praise and thanks for Columba. He gets it all the time! Columba told them quite firmly that they must constantly recollect their healing experience from the day before. Later he told me that the two young people had been walking for days arguing sometimes and in cold disdain for each other the rest of the time. I knew that they were near to us on the walk, but I didn't notice their behaviour. 'How did you get involved?' I asked rather resentfully. 'I don't know. They simply stopped, waited for me to catch up and asked if I could help. All I did was to listen to them, look at them and love them.' I so resent Columba's 'aura'. I burn with desire to have the admiration of others on this pilgrimage - so much so, that it is poisoning me.


Matthew 12:9-14….
The slightest hint that someone experiences the presence of God, or is admired and wanted by others…. then I feel that appalling poison of jealousy. That’s the Pharisee in me. What can I then do to undermine that person and stifle freedom? Luckily not everyone has this neurosis! Then ‘my withered hand’ – will I have the courage to stretch it out before Christ, exposing the dark decaying part of myself? The man in this healing story says nothing. Nothing need be said when I expose the weakest part of myself. He had little to lose. Losing face is what stops me.


Receive the gift of Faith and stretch out your life before My Healing Love



What do you feel to be ‘withered’ in your life? Look at your hand and ‘see’ it there. What do you feel about it? It may not be something in you that cries out for physical healing. It may be a relationship, a memory, a fear….etc Now stretch out your hand. Then with the other hand use the sentence deeply. Receive. Then put your hands gently together, lay them on your lap and let Christ come to you through your repetition of the sentence.

+Martin
Argyll and The Isles

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

The Lord Jesus Christ risked everything to express His Love even the jelosy of the religious authorities. Only He can deal with this sin, only he can heal. All of our efforts, our bowing, our 'correct proceedure' are a waste of time; we need to reflect His (Agape) Love. He is more keen to give than we are to receive, all we have to do is praise Him in thanksgiving. The poison of jealosy killed the pharisees, eternally. The Love of (from) God gives life, eternally. Let us go forward, singing, dancing, shouting praise to God.

5:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for this.

11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home